Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Capture the Moment!

I’m reflecting on the story about Martha and Mary found in Luke 10:38-42. I wonder how many times I’m at a God moment and I find myself too busy to sit at the feet of Jesus. I am caught up in the doings of life that I miss out on the most important things that God wants to share with me. I watched a video on “YouTube” about this guy who drove his Lamborghini LP640 219 miles an hour on the 202 “Red Mountain” highway here in the Phoenix area. When I watched that video, I noticed that at that speed I had a hard time seeing what was around the car. All the focus was on what was coming up in the windshield. How much of life do we miss when we are so concentrating on the immediate and we miss all of life that is passing us by. This Christmas I want to capture the moment by slowing down, open up, and choose a better way through Christ. I hope you will find time to capture the moment with me.

No comments: